Katana, located in downtown San Diego, is a recognized agency leader in digital media, technology and real-time media buying for marketers of all sizes. Recently named as one of the “Top 20 Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego” by the San Diego Business Journal, Katana is known for their innovative and technological approaches to drive effective and efficient business impact campaigns for all clients. With a core focus on advanced data integration and technology enablement, Katana clients experience AI enabled paid digital media campaign executions with superior results. With a leadership team chock-full of accolades and decades of industry experience, Katana is regarded as the leading source of industry break-through innovations in the paid digital media space. The Katana team continues to grow at an accelerated rate, and with their transformational approaches and industry-leading best-in-class practices, the highest skill talent set is actively sought after and rewarded with top-line compensation and benefits.
Katana is seeking a Digital Media Analyst to join the elite forces of Katana’s media team. This role is well-suited for a highly motivated digital media professional who has conquered the basics of media executions (paid search, Facebook or programmatic display) and is ready to move to the strategic level of one’s career path. This exciting role will provide the ability to become world-class in business strategy development with the orientation to convert into appropriate media strategies. You will also learn and adapt latest in media technologies, including audience segmentation tools and machine learning.
To take on the challenge to successfully conquer your career path of innovative media leadership, you must have proven display of self-drive, high motivation and eagerness for continuous learning.
Desired Skills + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business or Statistics
- At least 3 – 5 years experience managing paid search campaigns
- Advanced understanding of media campaign setup, optimization, strategy and reporting frameworks for paid search and programmatic buying platforms
- Experience working with a larger budget ($150k to $500k per month) direct response clients
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and handle high-pressure situations with tight timelines
- Understanding of digital marketing ecosystem from digital media to creative development, data management platforms and scripts
- Deep expertise in Microsoft Excel, pivot tables and the ability to navigate through large amounts of data to tell a story
- Confidence in speaking with C-Level executives
- A proactive self-starter with strong attention to detail
• Supports Portfolio Director in strategic roadmap development while acting as a primary day-to-day lead for assigned campaigns and clients
• Manages all facets of assigned client campaign initiations, including executions, recommendations, testing plans and analysis
• Leads meetings and communication with both internal and external stakeholders
• Identifies campaign/client needs and opportunity based on continuous deep analysis of performance; properly facilitates the handling of all needs to appropriate stakeholders to resolve any findings into accurate and timely actions
• Works closely with tactical teams (media, creative, analytics, technical and administrative); ensures teams are executing to plans developed by your role and specific needs, provides support and clarification
How do I apply?
Send your resume and a cover letter telling us why you might be a good fit and we will get back to you right away.