The University of Houston – Downtown (UHD) has a mission to provide a strong academic and career preparation with comprehensive bachelor’s and master degree programs. Located in the heart of Houston, Texas, UHD is an inclusive community dedicated to integrating teaching, service, and scholarly research to develop students and prepare them for success in a dynamic global society.
The University of Houston – Downtown was looking to increase enrollment, brand awareness, and opportunities to reach populations that were underserved. They meticulously looked for a partner that had extensive experience in higher education to develop a targeted digital marketing strategy to attract transferring students from local community colleges and those interested in more flexible enrollment dates – both online and on campus.
UHD was particularly interested in promoting Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Data Science & Analytics programs, as well as completion degrees.
- Primary – Generate High Converting Leads
- Secondary – Increase Brand Awareness
- Develop messaging and campaign framework around transfer students and those interested in a seamless transfer process
- Leverage application and enrollment data to identify geographic and demographic insights
- Develop geo-targeting strategy to show ads to students in Houston
- Develop a Google re-engagement strategy to re-target potential students that already filled out a lead form
- Develop media plan with budget allocated to highest quality channels like Google and Bing
- Increase budget on campaigns that generate the highest number of applications and enrollment
- Utilize data to decrease budget on campaigns that don’t mature into applications or enrollments
Q3 2017 to Q3 2018
INCREASE IN KATANA GENERATED STUDENT ENROLLMENTS YOY