Our client is a leader in the housewares industry that creates and sells kitchen and home appliance tools and accessories globally. They were looking to sync their digital marketing initiatives with the change in user demographics, as they are an older brand, with a legacy that dates back to the 1800s
Historically, the client’s marketing strategy had relied on traditional methods of brand exposure, via in-store promotion and presentation (alongside other brands), as well as print advertising. But in the advent of the digital boom and heavy cross-device usage on both mobile and desktop, it became clear that the client needed to take advantage of different digital technologies and campaign tactics to put their brand in front of the right users. With the holiday shopping season upon them, they needed more direct brand exposure— and more relevant engagement with new audiences.
• Increase brand awareness within their target market
• Boost in-store sales during the holiday shopping season.
- Run a native advertising campaign that used a diversified media mix, made up of rich media elements and native components, to dramatically increase reach and engagement.
- Analyze their customer database and identify key demographics which we used to build a highly customized targeted advertising program.
- Utilize the captured cookie pool from site visitors and email addresses from the customer database in order to build an exemption pool of audiences.
- Integrate a highly user-focused approach, in an attempt to not overload users with the same ad content across channels.
- Track the uniqueness and frequency of individual users, so we are able to capture their attention and more effectively encourage conversions.
The ads we ran for the client yielded meaningful improvement in both site visits and new users during 2016. Site sessions increased by 486% — from 10k yearly visits to just under 60k by year’s end. Use of contextual advertising, such as ads placed alongside native cooking content, led to an increase in new users, with an increase of 554%. And most importantly, they saw a 13% increase in conversion rates during the holiday season. With a diverse and highly-targeted media mix, we were able to place the client’s brand in front of users who were not only new, but more likely to convert.
Increase in Site Sessions
Increase in New Users