A Rutgers University graduate, Laura made her way from New Jersey to San Diego after five years of agency experience. Laura has over a decade of digital media experience, dedicating several years to traditional advertising and seven years to digital advertising. With a penchant for emerging ad technology, Laura recognizes the powerful opportunities that digitization and AI offers, and encourages analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our clients’ benefit.
1. What’s your position and role at Katana?
I am the Associate Media Director here at Katana. I oversee the Media team – so I create processes to make sure things run smoothly, work closely with the Business Development team to bring in new clients and also play a strategic role in many of the larger accounts Katana has.
2. What’re two interesting facts about you?
Richard Branson is my uncle!…No that’s not true actually but I did intern at MTV and got to meet some really cool celebrities. I’m also a pretty big travel addict and love to discover new countries and cultures.
3. One thing you couldn’t live without?
Oh man, this is a tough one. Probably music – from my headphones, in my car, at a concert. I think it would be a pretty bleak world without it.
4. How do you define success?
I think anytime you achieve something that you want that is outside of your self-perceived ability or skill-set, that is a success. Success can be great or small and all the little successes ladder up into larger ones.
5. What are your most overused words/phrases?
At work, it’s probably “Can you put time on my calendar?”
6. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
That little thing called the internet. Having so much information accessible at all times has changed our society. If you’re an information junkie like me, it’s amazing to know you can just have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips at all times.
7. If you had to go up against Katana’s Executive Chairman, Andreas Roell, in the World Karaoke Championship, what song would you sing?
Andreas would crush me in any karaoke competition GUARANTEED but probably Single Ladies just to see him do it.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Right now, probably Elon Musk. I’d love to pick his brain about what he thinks the future of space travel holds and if he thinks other automakers will take advantage of Tesla’s open patents.
9. What are other organizations outside of Katana that you are involved in?
None right now and I’m loving it! I’ve been involved in networking and non-profit groups in the past but right now I’m pretty commitment free and just focusing on our efforts at Katana.