An Account Director at Katana and certified ScrumMaster, Jori is responsible for maintaining strong client relationships and ensuring that timelines and deliverables are being fulfilled with the highest level of sophistication. Over the past nine years, Jori has refined her proficiency in developing, applying and managing successful strategies based on client objectives, meriting her a proven track record of growing accounts in the higher education and real estate verticals. Meet Jori!
1. What’s your position and role at Katana?
Senior Project Manager.
2. What are two interesting facts about you?
I moved to San Diego 10 years ago without ever having visited, I used to co-own a male beta fish with an old co-worker. His name was Barbra Streisand. “Babs,” for short.
3. One thing you couldn’t live without?
Music – Spotify is my soulmate.
4. How do you define success?
When you are brave enough step into something that terrifies you. Whether you succeed or fail is not important. Your willingness to be bold enough to make that step is what counts!
5. What are your most overused words/phrases?
“We’ve got this!” & “That’s so great!”
6. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
I don’t know if it’s the most important, but it’s the coolest. Digital cameras. I studied commercial photography in college…on film. It wasn’t until I graduated that digital cameras became touchable. They blew the ceiling off the limitations that film presented!
7. If you had to go up against Katana’s Executive Chairman, Andreas Roell, in the World Karaoke Championship, what song would you sing?
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Lin Manuel Miranda, creator of Hamilton: The Musical. I could only hope that some of his creative genius might rub off on me. If he’s not available, Freddie Mercury or Prince.